I am extremely delighted to announce that FxObjects 0.1 is released on July 30.
FxObjects is a open source Enterprise JavaFX Application Development framework. The whole intention of the framework is to make Enterprise JavaFX application development easy, elegant and fast. The 0.1 version provides powerful features
- JavaFX objects to XML round tripping a breeze (zero code)
- Makes asynchronous calls really easy
- Consolidated commands for Http calls with option to plug in request and response builders, content processors and token based substitutable url templates and finally callbacks to update the UI.
- Controller framework provides controller chain to organize your UI into pages and modules
- Provides Model View Presenter implementation for the very first time in JavaFX to make your UI lean, mean and clean and easily testable with JUnit and jMock.
0.1 release includes a 50 page user guide and 8 fully working samples demonstrating the usage of the framework.
There are big plans for 0.2 and hopefully more people would join and contribute.
Checkout the project: http://fxobjects.dev.java.net
The framework is based on my series of blog posts on Enterprice and Effective JavaFX architecture at java.net - http://weblogs.java.net/blog/srikanth
In the last few weeks I have blogged about the rationale behind a few of these here. There is some overlap between the contents of the blog and the user guide, as the thoughts became blogs and crystallized into this framework and got refined into the user guide.
- Effective JavaFX Architecture Part 1
- Effective JavaFX Architecture Part 2
- Effective JavaFX Architecture Part 3
When I did some large JavaFX project – about a year back, as I painfully recall, there were no patterns, principles or best practices for developing JavaFX applications. After serious introspection, analysis of our execution and a few more JavaFX projects it became clear to me that there was a gap to fill. FxObjects is now the end result of months of hard work from me and a dedicated team committed to making JavaFX application development easy, elegant and fast for all of us.
It seems to be part reality and part fashion to rule out JavaFX once in a while. Give JavaFX a try. Combine JavaFX with JFxtras UI controls library (http://jfxtras.org) and FxObjects application development framework (https://fxobjects.dev.java.net) to architect and develop applications that are beautiful inside-out
Enjoy and code elegantly in JavaFX!!